Early diagnosis and treatment may lead to a quicker recovery and reduce the risk of complications.
Read on to learn more about identifying and treating a double ear infection.
What are the symptoms?
Symptoms of double ear infection may include pain in ears, fatigue, a headache, and problems hearing.
The symptoms of a double ear infection are similar to those of a single ear infection, but they may be more severe when both ears are infected.
Symptoms may include:
- pain in the ear
- difficulty sleeping
- drainage from the ears
- a headache
- a fever that lasts for 2 or more days
- problems hearing
How to spot symptoms in toddlers and infants
Signs in infants and toddlers include:
- crying more than usual
- increased irritability, especially when lying down
- loss of interest in feeding
- pulling on the ears (this may not be a symptom of an earache in infants who are otherwise well)
- persistent fever, or a fever that goes away and then returns during the same illness